Virgil Yalong Quick Grants
Rising Arts Leaders of San Diego provides a limited number of competitive, professional development grants of up to $1,000 each to San Diego emerging arts professionals and artists currently employed at or in partnership with a 501(c)3 nonprofit cultural organization. We also provide this opportunity to individuals based in San Diego not currently employed by an arts or cultural organization.
Virgil Yalong Quick Grants may fund one of three types of learning activities:
- Professional Development Experience: These experiences consist of learning and professional development opportunities that typically occur outside the organization, during the employee’s work day, or on their own time.
- Organizational/Community Leadership Projects: These are opportunities for leadership within projects conceived, initiated, and led by the applicant within the organization or community. These projects should not only provide an opportunity for the employee to practice leadership skills, but also make a meaningful contribution to their organization or community. The applicant will take the lead on the project, develop a preliminary plan, gain approval from the supervisor, and carry the project through to completion. These short-term, small-scale projects should be practical and realistic, given the time and funding available. The project may involve other staff members.
- Artistic Projects: These opportunities sponsor individuals in their artistic careers within the context of a project, for the production of an artistic endeavor as opposed to a facilitated learning experience. Favorable proposals are likely to include projects that demonstrate a significant and meaningful involvement in the community or activities in which the applicant grows their professional standing, and practical and visionary leadership in the arts community. Holding a solo exhibition, self-publication, curating a show, and participating in an artist residency (already accepted) are all viable examples of artistic projects.
Click here to read more about eligibility, application process and guidelines. Organizations are not limited in the number of applications/employees that may apply at one time, but please note that an organization is only eligible to receive a maximum grant of $1,000 in a given grant cycle.
Application and Guidelines
Please carefully review grant guidelines for SUMMER 2021.
What you will need before completing the application:
- Description of Facilitated Learning Experience or Organizational Leadership Project (1 page)
- Resume or CV (1-2 pages)
- Professional Reference (1 page)
- Letter of Agreement from Organization to provide Fiscal Sponsorship (if applicable) (1 page) – click here for a sample of this letter
- Form W-9 – Fiscal Sponsor’s or Individual’s (if not utilizing a sponsor) – you can download this form by clicking here.
- Quick Grant Budget (1 page)
RALSD Leadership hosted Virtual Office Hours on Saturday, May 29. View information that was presented about the grant program and application process.
If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line: [Applicant Name] QG Summer 2021.
Subscribe to our email list to become a member and get updates about Quick Grants.